Recent Posts

13.9.10

Billie Holiday records "He's Funny That Way"

 
(S) Today in 1937, Billie Holiday record this song.

Once he dressed in tweads and drapes
On the rolls royce car
Now he seems quite out of place
Like a fallen star
While I worry
Plan and sceme
Over what to do
Can't help feeling
It's a dream
He's just too good to be true

I'm not much to look at
I'm nothing to see
I'm glad I'm living on a dime
And lucky to be

But I've got a man crazy for me
He's funny that way

I ain't got a dollar
Can't save a cent
He doesn't hollar
He'd live in a tent
I've got that man mad about me
He's funny that way

Lord he loves work and slave
For me every day
He'd be so much better off
If I went away
But why should I leave him
Why should I go
He'd be un happy
Without me I know
I've got that man crazy for me
He's funny that way

0 comments:

Post a Comment